Site development work has begun, and lots are being sold.
The land is across from Nice Way and Lavigne Road.
Price Range and Availability
Total project: 24 Town Homes (10 Duplex Town Homes, 1 Triplex Town Home, 1 Single Family Town Home). House Plans: 14 Town Homes of the ASHFORD PLAN & 10 Town Homes of the HAVEN PLAN.
The ASHFORD PLAN starting price $510,000 includes:
2150 square feet, 3 bedrooms (all on the 2nd floor), 2.5 baths, granite countertops (included in the kitchen & bathroom vanity tops). A General Electric stainless steel appliance package for the kitchen (dishwasher, refrigerator, electric range, and direct vent microwave).
The HAVEN PLAN starting price $525,000 includes:
2230 square feet, 3 bedrooms (first-floor master bedroom and 2 second-floor bedrooms). All other options for the ASHFORD PLAN are included in the HAVEN PLAN.
Customize your new home selections, including flooring, plumbing fixtures, HVAC options, lighting fixtures, paint colors, appliances, kitchen cabinets & countertops, closets, shelving, interior trim, and interior doors.
HOA Dues: (projected to be between $230-$260 monthly). HOA dues cover: mowing, grounds maintenance, plowing, trash service, septic maintenance, building insurance, and state stormwater fees.
About the Area
Colchester is nearly 4 times the size of Burlington with less than half of the population. The town is known for its beautiful shorelines. Regardless of the season, residents flock to the lake for recreation. Mallet’s Bay is reminiscent of a nautical town and during the summer, it is a slow paced relaxation spot with beaches, creemee stands and community events. Colchester offers many attractions for the whole family:
- Airport Park is a multi-purpose recreation park on Colchester Point Road. The park includes a 1.3 miles jogging and/or cross-country skiing trail, a playground, 4 ball fields, 2 soccer fields, 2 sand volleyball courts, horseshoes, tennis, basketball courts and a lighted skating rink in the winter.
- Bayside Park in Mallets Bay is a 22 acre park with a picnic area, playground, beach, Senior Center, 2 shuffleboard courts, 4 tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball courts, baseball field, softball field, skatepark and more.
- The Sunset Drive-In has been around for over 60 years and is Vermont’s only 4 screen drive in located on Porters Point Rd
- Mazza’s Farmstand is a locally owned Farmstand, Bakery and Greenhouse. Mazza’s is known for their beautiful crops of fruits, and it’s always fun to go blueberry and strawberry picking when they’re in season. Each year, Mazza’s kicks off the strawberry picking season with the “Strawberry Festival” with a petting zoo, face painting, pony rides, a clown and dance-offs. They also have a fall festival to kick off a new season and showcase their giant corn maze complete with checkpoints throughout.
- Cliff jumping at Niquette Bay State Park
- The Colchester Causeway is a 4-mile long, 10 foot wide gravel path extending across Lake Champlain that connects to the original Rutland Railroad bed. The path is suitable for walking, biking, fishing access and duck hunting (allowed in season). The Island Line Trail Bike Ferry, operated by Local Motion from June – October, allows people to cross over to the South Hero side of the path.
Accolades & Awards
Town of Colchester
- Top 50 Best Places to Live – Money Magazine, Best Places to Live in 2015 (Aug. 13, 2015)
“In Colchester, you can feel as if you’re living in the country and still get to work in downtown Burlington in about 15 minutes.”
- Colchester Ranked 4th Safest Town in Vermont – BackgroundChecks.org (May 2016)
- Top 100 Best Places for Small Business – Fortune Small Business, The 100 Best Places to Live and Launch (Mar. 26, 2008)
“We scoured the country for towns that combine a great business environment with alluring leisure opportunities.”
- Causeway Path Inducted into Rails-to-Trails Hall of Fame – Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, Vermont’s Island Line (Dec. 1, 2010)
“Whether you’re after transportation of the body or the mind, the Island Line serves up powerful scenery, railroading history, passionate grassroots support, community connections and more.”
- Causeway Included in the top ten “Must Rides” in the US – Adventure Cycling Magazine
- St. Michael’s College, 100 Best Values in Private Universities – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, Best College Values (Dec. 2015)
- Colchester is one of Money.com’s Best Places to Live in 2017