Lomartire Farms is a 49 lot subdivision privately situated off Malletts Bay Avenue, adjacent to our sought after Brigante Woods neighborhood. This neighborhood, comprised of single family homes, townhouses and villas, shares over 30 acres of wooded private common land. Residents will love the nature trails, close proximity to farm stands, access to Colchester’s bike path, and the overall rural atmosphere while still being just 5 minutes to I-89 and 10 minutes to downtown Burlington. Brigante Woods is located in the heart of Malletts Bay, and is only a mile from Bayside Park and the beautiful sandy Bayside Beach.
Single family lots are starting at $449,000 and can be customized from a variety of floor plans, or you can provide your own. The townhouses are starting at $389,000 and can also be customized with your personal touches. Each come standard with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and can range from 2,000 – 2,400+ square feet, depending on the layout. Units boast spacious master suites with walk-in closets, kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, an attached 2 car garage, and full unfinished basement. The single-level GARDEN VILLA floor plan starts at $429,900 and feature an open concept floor plan, spacious master suite with luxurious bath and walk-in closet, fireplace in the great room, hardwood floors, first floor laundry room, oversized basement and attached 2 car garage. THE JEFFERSON is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath townhouse, starting at $414,500, and is one of our most popular floor plans with a spacious master suite on the first floor and another master suite upstairs. This plan can be viewed at our Model Unit at 230 Anna’s Court, Colchester.
Colchester is nearly 4 times the size of Burlington with less than half of the population. The town is known for its beautiful shorelines. Regardless of the season, residents flock to the lake for recreation. Mallet’s Bay is reminiscent of a nautical town and during the summer, it is a slow paced relaxation spot with beaches, creemee stands and community events. Colchester offers many attractions for the whole family:
- Airport Park is a multi-purpose recreation park on Colchester Point Road. The park includes a 1.3 miles jogging and/or cross-country skiing trail, a playground, 4 ball fields, 2 soccer fields, 2 sand volleyball courts, horseshoes, tennis, basketball courts and a lighted skating rink in the winter.
- Bayside Park in Mallets Bay is a 22 acre park with a picnic area, playground, beach, Senior Center, 2 shuffleboard courts, 4 tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball courts, baseball field, softball field, skatepark and more.
- The Sunset Drive-In has been around for over 60 years and is Vermont’s only 4 screen drive in located on Porters Point Rd
- Mazza’s Farmstand is a locally owned Farmstand, Bakery and Greenhouse. Mazza’s is known for their beautiful crops of fruits, and it’s always fun to go blueberry and strawberry picking when they’re in season. Each year, Mazza’s kicks off the strawberry picking season with the “Strawberry Festival” with a petting zoo, face painting, pony rides, a clown and dance-offs. They also have a fall festival to kick off a new season and showcase their giant corn maze complete with checkpoints throughout.
- Cliff jumping at Niquette Bay State Park
- The Colchester Causeway is a 4-mile long, 10 foot wide gravel path extending across Lake Champlain that connects to the original Rutland Railroad bed. The path is suitable for walking, biking, fishing access and duck hunting (allowed in season). The Island Line Trail Bike Ferry, operated by Local Motion from June – October, allows people to cross over to the South Hero side of the path.
Anna’s Court is located at 239 Mallett’s Bay Avenue on opposite side of road and diagonally across from Thomas Drive and Hummingbird Drive.
- Single Family homes: starting at $449,000 – $700,000+
- Townhouses: starting at $389,000 (Ashford Floor Plan starting at $389,000; Jefferson Floor Plan starting at $414,500)
- Single-level Garden Villa: starting at $429,900
Pricing subject to change
Accolades & Awards
Town of Colchester
- Top 50 Best Places to Live – Money Magazine, Best Places to Live in 2015 (Aug. 13, 2015)
“In Colchester, you can feel as if you’re living in the country and still get to work in downtown Burlington in about 15 minutes.”
- Colchester Ranked 4th Safest Town in Vermont – BackgroundChecks.org (May 2016)
- Top 100 Best Places for Small Business – Fortune Small Business, The 100 Best Places to Live and Launch (Mar. 26, 2008)
“We scoured the country for towns that combine a great business environment with alluring leisure opportunities.”
- Causeway Path Inducted into Rails-to-Trails Hall of Fame – Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, Vermont’s Island Line (Dec. 1, 2010)
“Whether you’re after transportation of the body or the mind, the Island Line serves up powerful scenery, railroading history, passionate grassroots support, community connections and more.”
- Causeway Included in the top ten “Must Rides” in the US – Adventure Cycling Magazine
- St. Michael’s College, 100 Best Values in Private Universities – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, Best College Values (Dec. 2015)
Source: Town of Colchester, Vermont: http://colchestervt.gov/664/Accolades-Awards
Photo galleries show likeness only interior and exteriors images. Many photos shown are upgraded or model units. Pricing subject to change.